Monday, September 22, 2008

Baby #2- 12 Weeks! Our little Lime!

Last Thursday I had another check up and was pleased to hear the very strong heart beat of our little baby who is growing well in my tummy. I swear, I can feel the baby move every once and a while. It's the unmistakable flicker and thump of a baby who is wiggling inside of you. It's not strong enough to feel from the outside yet. I also found out that I have gestational diabetes AGAIN!!!! UGGG! I'm not looking forward to the finger pricking. Please pray that I don't have to use insulin as I did last time. Here is what Baby Center has to say about our little 12 week baby ...

The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

Here's a picture of a 12 week baby...


3 comments:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Awww! Sweet!

Alana said...

I felt Will EARLY. Even Rich felt him from the outside earlier than usual. It's such a great feeling!

Sorry about the Gestation Diabetes. That stinks!!

Love you!!

Gwendolyn said...

Nothing can beat the excitement of a new baby! Enjoy those kicks. :o)