Thursday, March 19, 2009

Baby Showered!

A Few weeks ago I was completely surrounded by love... during my baby shower for our newest little girl!! It was such a beautiful day and my friends worked SO hard and made it such a wonderful afternoon. They totally made the multi-purpose room look like a beautiful baby girl world (thank you Mardi!!)!! The theme was polk-a-dots!! Gotta love that!!

My friend, Tara, made stuffed shells- absolutely delish!! We also had a beautiful salad and yummy bread!! Then our pastor's wife and my friend led us in a devotional where she talked about being able to do "all things through Christ" and having JOY while doing them. She tied that into going from a one child house to a two children house- and the big adjustment that it usually is!

After that we opened presents!! And, boy were there a lot of presents!! And we ate cake!! It was so much fun to just be with my friends and family focusing on our new baby and Ruthie did GREAT!! She had fun playing w/ all the little girls that came and even had a few surprise presents to open herself!!

Here are some pics of our day:
My best friend Holly and me!


The beautiful and delish cake - thank you Lacie for all your hard work!! I loved it!!


Four Generations together... My grandma came into town for the special occasion!


Mommy and Ruthie


Posing w/ the cake!



The pile of loot!! I was totally BLESSED by everyone's generosity!! God provided for all our needs and ALL my WANTS!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!


The quilt Aunt Holly made!!


My sis-in-law Mardi, niece Bailey, and my mother-in-law!!


Ruthie is pooped!! She crashed right at the end!!


Just a note- The sweet friends who put this on were unavailable for a photo because they were so busy WORKING!! I didn't realize until just now that we didn't get a pic of them. They are the best group of sisters a girl can have!! I am truly blessed (and bummed I didn't get a pic)!

1 comment:

Alana said...

Awww. So wish I could have been there. That Holly is a gem! Love the cake...so cute!