Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ruthie is 23 months old!!

It looks like all I can keep up with these days is the monthly posts about the girls... So much goes on in one day that I have a hard time posting anything else!!

BUT, Ruthie is in her last month as a one year old... next month she'll be TWO!!! Can you believe it? I can't. She is getting to be such a big girl. She is so a toddler, not a baby, anymore!! :)

* She went pee-pee in the potty!!! She always sits on the potty before her bath each night... it's something she likes to do. One night I said, can you let me hear you go pee-pee? And to my big surprise- a few seconds later I heard her little tinkle... We will be starting true potty training sometime in the next week.. I had to have time to get all my "supplies" together!!

* She's stepping up small steps without holding on. A big accomplishment!!!

* Conversations-
Ruthie: "Hi Mama"
Me: "Hi Lovey (one of her many nicknames) how are you?"
Ruthie: "good"

* When someone sneezes she says, "Bless you"

* Calls her favorite show "Wonder Pets" now- not "far side"

* Loves to play and hide under her bed!! She likes to be "under" things- blankets, tables, beds to play!!

* Wants to sleep with the door open a little bit now- not shut all the way as she has the last 2 years!!

* Won't go into her room in the dark. This is a new thing too

* Likes to play with the potatoes from the kitchen. She calls them, "tatoes" :)

Here are some pics to enjoy!!
Aunt Rachel and Ruthie at Aunt Rachel and Uncle Matt's pool in Orlando!


Uncle Matt and Ruthie


Ruthie loving the splash zone at the pool!


Ruthie's bed head!!


Ruthie reading to Emma!



Monkey see, Monkey do... Ruthie's baby in Emma's bouncy seat!!


Ruthie playing under her bed!!


Ruthie at the splash park


Ruthie and cousins at the splash park!!


Ruthie loves to watch TV. She is limited on the amount she can watch... but when I turned on the music (which I do regularaly) she thought it was the TV... funny!! :)