Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ruthie!!!

My sweet Ruthie,

Happy birthday, my love. I am so blessed and honored to be your Mommy. There are so many things that I love about you. I love your giggle. You abandon yourself to fun and LOVE life. Your giggle makes my day a good day no matter what has happened! Your sweet, "I wuv you, much" makes my heart melt. That started when I started saying, "I love you very much". I love how silly you are... how you love to twirl, which you call "whee" and then you get "busy" (dizzy). I love how much you love others. You are so tenderhearted and loving. You especially love your sister. You hold her, kiss her, hold her hand, and burp her with mommy. And she makes your day when she is "smi-in" (smiling) at your!! You also love your dogs. Bissy- Grandma's dog is your favorite!

You love to talk and repeat everything we say. Which means we should watch what we say a little closer... you now say, "shut your mouth" when your playing with your baby doll and "I mean it" which is your daddy's line when he's disciplining you. You do need quite a bit of direction these days, but you take it well and put yourself in time out sometimes!!

When we are driving, you consider it a very good drive if you see a "diggo" (digger- excavator) and as always you love planes. When you see one in the air you blow kisses to it. You also are super smart!! You know your way around town. There is no tricking you. You know if we are driving to a friends house by the roads we are taking!! And you get very upset if we don't stop!! You also know where we get lunch... we can't pass a McDonalds or Chik fil A without you asking for "unch".

You are almost potty trained. Mommy wouldn't have started this early, but you decided it was time when you sat on your potty and went pee pee before your bath about 3 weeks ago!! Since then you haven't been in diapers except for when you sleep. You pretty much go without any accidents if Mommy gets you to the potty in time. You haven't begun to tell mommy that you have to go pee pee... won't that be a blessed day!!

You love to play. And hate it when mommy interrupts that play. You often run away and say, "I hiding". And then you giggle and say, "I funny". As much as it aggravates me if we're in a hurry, it is so stinking cute. I have to smile.

Wonder Pets is still your favorite show and you start your day out with at least one episode each morning with your milk. You love dinosaurs and know we're going to pass them on the interstate when we go a certain way. You love to sing. You sing "shine" (this little light of mine) and Jesus Loves Me. You like to sing If Your Happy and You Know it. You love clapping your hands. You also sing The B-I-B-L-E and shout Bible and Happy at the end of the verses. You've started to make up your own songs and put your pointer figner and your thumb together at your mouth to make a microphone or you use your juice cup. You get this look on your face when your making up a song. It is a look of total concentration and seriousness and it makes my heart melt and my face smile.

Ruthie Grace Zeller. I love you so much words just don't do it justice. I am so proud of you. This year has been a big year full of fun discovery and growing up. Your my little girl now. I am so excited to share the next year with you. I can't wait to see what we get into while you are two. Most of all, I pray that Jesus will fill your heart with His love and a desire to always search after Him. I love you, my special girl. I hope your day is very very happy!! :) I love you, MUCH!!

Love,
Mommy


2 comments:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Happiest of birthdays, Ruthie! I hope it was a fun, fun day for you! :) Lots of love and hugs from your friends in Japan. Hope to see you really soon!

Alana said...

Sweet Ruthie, and Sweet T! I loved your letter. Savor these moments, they really do pass by too quickly. Love you!