We totally can't believe how fast time flies!! I can't believe that our sweetpea is already six months old. Just incase someone is wondering...we did have a tiny party for her- Well, I made a cake for her 1/2 birthday, but she was asleep before we got a chance to enjoy it!! :) Here are things that she accomplished during her 5th month:
* Started saying "da da" and now is talking in syllables all the time. She has added the sounds "t" and "s" to her repertoire! Has even reached for Tony and said "DaDa" at the same time!
* She turned around in her stroller (went from the carrier to the regular stroller)
* She sits in highchairs and in shopping carts!
*She's still sleeping well...about 12 hours per night and now taking 2 GOOD naps!! What an accomplishment!
* Weighs 14 pounds and 14 ounces and is 25 inches long.
* Has added Pears and peaches to her fruits and Squash, green beans and carrots to her veggies.
* We're starting to introduce her to the sippy cup, although I don't think she's quite ready for it as she totally freaks out when you try to give it to her. She does love to bang her hands on it and hear the noise it makes against the highchair! I may try a different brand. Any advice from bloggy world?
* She's been doing this since she was born, but I don't know if I've blogged about it and don't want to forget: when she's nursing she rubs her feet up and down my leg. It's so cute and sweet to see/feel her telling me she's a happy baby when she's nursing! Speaking of feet: Her feet are very expressive and ALWAYS moving. IF she's mad they move fast and with force, if she's impatient they move fast, if she's happy they dance, if she's content she moves them slow. She's always playing with them or moving them. TOO CUTE!
* She had her first Christmas and New Years!!
* Gives kisses and hugs. The kisses are mighty "wet" at this point, but they are precious and I wouldn't trade them for anything! She also gives "binkles" (which are eskimo kisses for the rest of the world) It is so cute to see her lean down to you and put her nose on yours and then move her head back and forth with great speed to give "Binkles!" Ruthie is such a loving little girl. She is happy and receives LOTS of love, but she also gives LOTS of love back. What a blessing!
Here are some pictures!
Eating my toes... they taste VERY good!! :)
In my bumbo SAFELY on the floor!
I have so much to say... :)