Friday, August 3, 2007

It's Gone!

What am I talking about? Her belly button, of course! (actually it's her umbilical chord stump that's gone!) In it's place is the cutest, little innie belly button God ever made!! Of course, she lost it last night while my mom was changing her diaper. We did a search to find the stump, and after a while found it on the floor. We will be throwing it away, but I secretly want to keep it as a souvenir!

Little Ruthie is growing up! She can have a real bath now!

5 comments:

Alana said...

Call me weird, but I kept both stumps...it is with all of their newborn baby keepsakes. One day they'll surely tease me for that!

Janelle said...

Oh, how fun! I love the first bathtime.

Alana, I had no idea you saved the boys. Too interesting.

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Japanese custom dictates that you save the stump, too, called a "heso," so we kept Matthew's in a special little wooden box built just for that. They give it to you in the hospital. It's so cute, but Stephen says he hopes Matthew doesn't mistake it for a raisin someday. Yum.

Alana said...

I thought everybody did!

dawn said...

Yeah! Sweet baby can now have a bath and no more being afraid of hurting that little belly button.

Do update us on your pictures!