Ruthie is One Month Old Today!!! We had a little one month birthday party for her...as you'll see with the pictures below!!
Here is what Ruthie is up to in her first month:
* Weighs more than 8 pounds and 8 ounces and is 21 inches long
* Tracks objects with her eyes (especially people)
* Pushes up with her feet and moves her body while lying on her back (especially if she is mad)
* Bats at her toys (she just started this and sometimes I think it is on accident and kind of surprises her)
* She loves her mirrors (she has one in her crib and several other places) She is a princess!
* She loves her star (on her activity mat) It lights up and sings to her!
* Hates wet diapers. She seems to be ok with poopy ones, but hates to be in a wet one
* Likes her baths until you start to wash her hair
* She coos!!! It is so precious!
* She plays with her hair! She is always wrapping her fingers around her hair. It is so cute!
* Seeks out her mommy and daddy in a room full of voices - definitely knows and recognizes our voices
* She gets bright red when angry- officially known as the "mad bull" part of her personality
Ok, tonight we (daddy, mommy, Ruthie and Grandma) celebrated her one month birthday with a birthday dinner and cake! Ruthie however, was throwing a temper tantrum (yes already at one month) as you can see with the pictures below!
Dinner: Steak, baked potato, and corn on the cob with a fresh summer fruit salad
This is Ruthie "enjoying" her birthday dinner!! :)
Then she fell asleep! So, we moved her to her crib...
And she woke up!
After a diaper change!!
Birthday Cake Anyone?