We are so proud of our little Ruthie! She is such a joy and a miracle. She has totally consumed us, and we love it!
There is no way to remember life before she was a part of our family. Here's what she's been up to this month:
* She is cooing up a storm!
* Sleeps THROUGH The night!!! (At 5 weeks!)
* When she's upset or hungry she balls her little fists tightly and will sometimes grab your arm as if to say, "I love you and I
* Holds her head up more and more
* Loves to lay on her hands and/or have them up by her face.
* Still twirling her hair between her fingers
* Her hands are so expressive. The way she holds them, whether open or closed, tells you how she is feeling! She loves to play with her hands and will often hold her hands together to feel them.
* Socially smiling (what a beautiful smile she has!!) and she is so playful and full of life. She enjoys interacting with you! She is such a happy baby!
* She had her first cold :(
* Shed her first real tears
* Went on her first Women's Retreat with the ladies from church
* First time to be babysat- went to Aunt Mardi's while mom went to the dentist!
* Loves to play with fabric! This will come in handy with my manipulation of the taggy blanket! But, she will grab onto whatever fabric that she can get her hands on: her blanket, my shirt/dad's shirt, the sheets, her nightgown sleeves, etc...
* Loves to look at the fan and/or lights on the ceiling. She is mesmerized by them! She also loves her star and her froggy that is above her pack-n-play.
* She is starting to bat at her toys!
* Went in the pool for the first time. She's been in the pool 3 times now and each time she is so relaxed that she falls asleep. It must be something about the water and mommy's heartbeat!! It brings back good memories of the womb!
* She loves her bath. It also relaxes her. She used to cry when I would wash her hair, but now she enjoys the entire experience, except for maybe the cold when she gets out. But Daddy always gets her quickly into her towel and wraps her burrito style to warm her up. IT is the CUTEST thing!
* Still loves to sleep on her tummy, which we aren't allowed to do! So, each evening between her feedings we let her sleep on her tummy next to me on the couch (so that we can keep a close eye on her!) She is such a happy baby.
* She's got such a distintive and wonderful personality! IT'S such a miracle to be a part of it all. We are so amazed by her and how fearfully and wonderfully made she is. It's kind of crazy to think that she's only 2 months old, but already we know when she's happy (which is most of the time), when she's mad (which is when you put her in her crib for a nap or when she's hungry and you try to hold her over with her pacifier (binkie), what she likes and what she doesn't (her swing...go figure!). She's ticklish, very ticklish! She likes to play with Mommy and Daddy, She's silly. She likes to do "Binkle, Binkles" (Where we put our nose to her nose and say "Binkle, Binkle") She likes it when Mommy plays with her Binkie by just barely putting in her mouth and making a silly noise and taking it out again!
* She is 10.35 pounds and 22 1/2 inches long!
Here are some pictures of our Little Roo:
This is Ruthie on the first day of our Women's Retreat! She was such a good girl and slept at just the right times! She hardly made a peep!
Here she is looking up at Froggy while lying in her pack-n-play! She loves it!!
Here she is showing off how she can hold up her head. We're still practicing because sometimes it's a little wobbly, but for the most part she's doing great!!! It's amazing to watch her grow and develop!