Monday, April 21, 2008

Ruthie is 9 Months OLD!!

And yet another month has FLOWN by... my baby is getting closer to that one year old mark!! I can't believe it as the summer creeps closer that I've been home with my baby for so long!! It seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital, and now she's 9 months old. If I blink my eye again, she'll be graduating from high school. Yes, I'm a bit dramatic.

On to the good stuff. This past month she's....

*Eating Avocado, cherrios , cottage cheese, crackers... and loving it! I can't wait to try yogurt!! That's coming in a couple of days!

* Began to "talk" with her hands. It is so cute when she sticks out her hand and moves it around, just as she sees us doing and "talks" to us. She has whole conversations, nothing of which we can understand!

* says "yeah" and waves her hands!

* she started to do this little moaning thing when she's tired. She's almost stopped it, but every once an a while it comes back. She starts moaning somewhat loud and then as she falls asleep the volume decreases! Weird!

* She is army crawling all over the place. Not crawling on hands and knees yet, but starting to go forward when sitting up and trying to...

* SHES GOT 2 TEETH that have cut through!!!

* Loves the sound of her voice vibrating. Daddy puts her on his knee so she can ride the horsey... bouncing her up and down. She just LOVES it!! So CUTE!

* She's 16.3 pounds and 26 3/4 inches long

* Only likes apple juice. Obviously it is VERY diluted, but I've tried white grape and apple banana juice and she won't have a thing to do with it. In fact, she won't even take the cup for weeks afterwards thinking I'm tricking her into drinking the retched stuff!! I guess for now it's an apple a day...

* She loves our dog Beethoven. (I think I have mentioned that before) but now when she sees him in our family room, she rolls over to him so she can pet him (i.e. pull his fur!) so, Beethoven will take it very well for a while and then when he's tired of it, he gets up and moves. Then, the smarty that she is, she rolls right on over to where he went, starts pulling on his fur and the whole process starts again. Round and Round the room. Until the DOG moves OUT of the room. It's quite funny!

* Two things I forgot to post last month is her fake cough. Yes, she has a fake cough and when we're not giving her enough attention, she fake coughs to get our attention. She also likes the way it sounds/feels so she does it just for fun! Also, she gives high 5's WHEN SHE WANTS TOO!!

* She's added -ena and -nana and -nighnigh to her vocabulary and, a drum roll please, MAMA!!!! YEAH!!!



My brother Matt came down to Florida for an interview and we were able to see him for a few days!! (We're waiting to hear that the deal is done, but we think Uncle Matt and Aunt Rachel will be moving soon!!!)


Mommy and Ruthie in the pool


Sweetie Pie


Check back soon for three videos that show you what our sweet girl is up to!! :)

1 comment:

Alana said...

Okay, seriously. Can you make her stop growing just for a month or two so that when I see her for the first time she is not too grown up? And maybe show her a few pictures of me so that she will come to me and love me like she has known me all her life? I know, I don't ask too much.

Congrats on surviving motherhood for 9 months...that is no easy task, girl!

Also, how cool that Matt might be moving home to FL...keep me posted on that!