Friday, May 29, 2009

Emma Kate is 2 months old!!

Yes, my dear readers, all 2 of you, she IS two months old. She is doing well. We've gotten the gas/reflux to a controllable level and I think that we're about to move her back into her room in her bassinet. She's been sleeping in the bouncy seat in our room because she has to sit up to be comfortable.

* She is however, sleeping at least 6 hours each night and I'm hoping to increase that with increased control of the reflux.

* She is cooing up a storm- it's so cute. She works her mouth so hard to get out the sound. But once it is out she loves it and gets such a proud look on her face.

* She's smiling socially. I LOVE when her binkie falls out because she is smiling so big!! It is so cute. Even at 6 in the morning!! We have had a rather hard time capturing that on film though. Darn illusive smile!! :)

* She is 10 pounds and 12 ounces!!!

* She is already growing out of many of her 0-3 month clothes... and I'm starting to think it's time to get out the 3-6 mo box.

* She's such a good sport w/ Ruthie... who is in LOVE with her little sister. Sometimes, she loves her too much!!! Emma looks for Ruthie and just watches...

* she is holding her head up great and although we haven't been able to get the full head up on film... she is gaining muscle control

* she is batting at toys that hang in front of her and pushes up on her feet in the bouncy seat to make herself move.

* According to Ruthie her name is "Emma CAKE" :) I love that... and now call her that as a pet name sometimes!!

Here are a few pics and a video to share:





Holding up my head!!


The next several pics are the "many different faces of Emma Kate!!!"









This is one of my favs!! I'm sure she's thinking, "I just love my mommy!"


This is my sweet Ruthie Grace who has so cleverly put on a sock... only it is Emma's sock and only comes just over Ruthie's toes!! I think it's cute!! :)



1 comment:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

No WAY! Where has the time gone? What cutie-pie girlies you have!