As usual I am a bit late with this post!! Boy- it is hard to keep up... I am going to have to do a much better job in the future...
But, My little Emma is the sweetest thing. She is doing well, eating good, and growing!! She is LOVED by all of us, but my heart swells with pride/love/something that words can't describe when Ruthie shows how much she loves her. Ruthie is so sweet with Emma. She pats her back when I'm burping her, she rubs her leg and says, "it's ok Emma" and she gives Emma her binkie when she is crying. (She also likes to try out the binkie before she gives it to her... it's kind of cute!)
Here are some other things that have occured in the last two weeks:
* Emma has been diagnosed w/ GERD and is on medicine. This is great because she wasn't sleeping after I nursed her at night. When I would lay her back down she would cry. So Tony and I decided to sleep her in her bouncy seat and that was like a miracle. She began sleeping through the night again. She also spits up quite a bit. So- we're hoping w/ the medicine that she will feel better soon.
* She has slept for 7 hours at night for the last 3 nights- however tonight I'm sure she won't sleep that long because I just published it for the world to read!
* She weighs 9lbs and 12 ounces. CRAZY. This girl is solid. She eats well (obviously) and is gaining faster than Ruthie did!
* She has started to smile. They aren't full on smiles yet, and they aren't in response to anything in particular that I can tell, but she has given us a glimpse of the beautiful smile that we will see often in the future!
* She is doing well picking her head up and holding it. We are amazed at her mad neck strength!!
* Still having some gas issues and makes sounds like a baby elephant when she has gas pain. She does however, usually sleep through the pain.. PTL. After a while of hearing those sounds I take her little legs and roll them up into her tummy to relieve the gas... and people, I tell you she has longer and louder, uh hem farts, than her daddy!! That girl can rip a good one!! Poor little belly w/ all that gas built up. She doesn't really like it when I roll her up like that, but she does get a very relieved look on her face when she's done. I can only imagine how much better it feels afterwards!!
* She is such an easy baby. She RARELY cries unless something is wrong (ie diaper, hunger, gas...) and sleeps very well. And has the most adorable face and eyes. I love when she's awake and just looks at me. I can't wait for her to start cooing on a regular basis and for her to respond back and forth with us!! I just love being a mommy.
* she is using a pacifier. I gave in after 3 weeks. She just wouldn't keep her thumb in at night and I was SO TIRED. However, looking back I think if I had moved her to the bouncy seat instead of giving her the paci I would have gotten a sleeping baby who sucks her thumb. Oh- well, maybe the next one will be a thumb sucker!!
* She lost her umbilical chord - well actually it was pulled off during a middle of the night diaper change... Boy did I feel bad. But, she really didn't cry- I guess it was ready!!
* He had her first real bath... pictures to follow!
* I haven't put her on the floor in the gym as much as I did w/ Ruthie because I have Ruthie running around and the dog... and I'm afraid she'll just get trampled on... our house is a little small... but I'm beginning to move in that direction!!
* Doesn't tuck her feet/legs/knees up under her when she is on her belly as much as Ruthie did. But, then she was in a breech position for much of my pregnancy. Perhaps there was more leg room that way? :)
* She knows our voices... and has for quite a while. Turns towards the voice.
* Loves to be held tummy down on something- that helps w/ the GERD!
* Definitely gets mad like her sister and daddy!
Here are some adorable pics for you to enjoy!
All bundled up after her bath... we have a similar pic of Ruthie in a post here if you want to check it out!
Her first real bath
My beautiful & sweet little girl!!
When looking back at posts from Ruthie's first month it is amazing at how fast Emma's first month has flown by. I thought Ruthie grew up quickly- this is crazy!! So, dear Emma, if you don't have as many posts or pictures it is not becuase you are loved less- but because I am busy loving you both in action. I am chasing your sister to tickle her, we are reading books together- all three of us, I am feeding you, we are watching Wonder Pets, we are at the store or mall - learning to love shopping- But no matter what we are doing we are enjoying and loving every minute of being together. I pray that the Lord blesses us with many YEARS of girl time together. I love you so much my sweet little girl.