Sunday, June 24, 2007

8 random facts or habits /Meme

I've been meme'ed (see my friends post at Fushigi News)

Here are the rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog post about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Here goes nothing:

1. I'm afraid of the dark. Not like I sleep with the lights on, but if Tony isn't home and I'm going from room to room I will turn ALL the lights on from the place I started to the place I end up and won't turn them off until he's home again! Crazy huh? I know that there isn't anything like the boogie man out there, but I'd rather SEE what/where I'm going than run into to anything or anyone!

2. I hate bugs. You may know this about me, but I really hate bugs. I will kill them, but I won't pick them up. I don't want to be anywhere near them. Occasionally, like last night, a spider won and got away instead of dying like we'd planned. So, (after all it was in our bedroom where he got away!) I had the closet light on while we were sleeping just so I could be sure he wouldn't show up and crawl on me. Luckily, Tony ended up finding and killing the little thing so we could both sleep in peaceful darkness!

3. I like to match the color of my under clothing to what I'm wearing on the outside. I've been doing this for years! It's my own little secret and it makes me smile when I come up with an especially good match!

4. I hate peas and lima beans. But, I love most other vegetables! I don't know what I'm going to do when Ruthie gets old enough to be eating peas and lima beans and wants to know why mommy doesn't eat them. I suppose, I'll have to suffer for the good of my child!

5. I'd like to go back to school. I'm a school junkie. I love learning. I'd like to get my doctorate. I'd like to go to interior design school. I'd like to go to culinary school. And for a while I wanted to go to paramedic's school!

6. I enjoy a good thunderstorm. In Florida, we have our fair share of good thunderstorms. The sound of thunder and the clap of lightning along with the patter of rain is very soothing. It is awesome to watch from the safety of the indoors the beautiful show of God's power and Grace in nature.

7. I collect cookbooks. Everywhere I go (especially on vacation) I pick up a cookbook. One of my very favorites is an Amish Bread cookbook I picked up in High School. It's been very well used. The first thing I do when I get a new cookbook is read through it and tab all the pages of recipes I want to try. Then I put it away on my cookbook shelf, sometimes, not coming back to it again for years. I'll have to get better at actually making the new recipes. I usually save that for when I having company!

8. Sometimes, I let the dishes pile up in the sink! I'm really trying to get better at this, see my previous post, but I think it is a slow process. Like a 12 step thing. I really must do better at it!

Now it's your turn. I'm supposed to tag eight, but I'll just tag one: Alana at A Kiss, A hug, A Squeeze Alana, I know that you're on vacation. So I'll be patient as I wait for you to create your own list. I know you'll have several to Meme. I look forward to reading what they have to say as well! It's your turn!!

2 comments:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Hey, cool, I learned something new about you, TT! I didn't know about the dark thing.

Alana said...

Thanks T! I'm excited to have my first official meme. I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to do it, so thanks in advance for being patient!

Love ya!