Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Week 36!!!

I don't have an update from the doctor yet because we go to the doctor's tomorrow! I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow and they will be checking to see how big Ruthie is. I am anticipating that the doctor will give us more information regarding the delivery and if I can labor or if I have to have a c-section. I also anticipate them inducing labor early. So, keep posted to see what will be happening with our little family in the next couple of weeks!

Below is the information from Baby Center regarding fetal development at 36 weeks:
"Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is a little less than 19 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Babies born between 37 and 42 weeks are considered full-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position by now, which is optimal for a smooth delivery, but if she isn't head-down next week, your provider may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where your practitioner will try to turn your baby by pushing on the outside of your belly."

36 week baby image

1 comment:

Alana said...

Thanks for the tag, T. I've posted my response to the Meme for your reading pleasure ;-)